Monday, February 8, 2010

2010 A.D.

The first relationship of 2010 I establish with my blog is only in the month of February! Imagine! If you ask me for a genuine reason for this lapse, I will be "genuinely" hard pressed to find one. Was it because of the unprecedented bad weather during the whole of January which numbed my senses into a state of stupor? Was it due to a singular lack of things to "reflect" upon? Was it because of a sudden rush of lecture notes and presentations to prepare? Or was it a plain and simple case of laziness? Although I would be inclined to put my money on the last one, fairness demands that I plump for the possibility of a mixture of all these reasons (and more) that was responsible for my absence.
So, having done with the excuses, what do I have to say now....for 2010? May everybody's life (read my own!) be full of happiness, joy and prosperity? Trite! Very trite! But Yesssss! I could certainly do with a great deal of prosperity! But then, I had wished for it for the last 50 years! And look where I am! So, big deal!
So, what does it leave me with? Firstly, I do wish mental and physical "shanti" for all those dear to me including my whole family and the entire circle of friends, wherever in the world they may be.
Apart from that, I do wish that those bally extremists come to their senses and allow the world to go on without subjecting it to a perpetual barrage of big-bangs!
I wish that our planet would shrink unbelievably to enable me to visit and see the whole world without taxing the body, mind or the pocket!
I also wish that the peculiar phenomenon called consumer price index ( also known as prices to the lesser mortals like me) abandons its dogged defiance of the Newtonian theory of gravity and decides to come down , for a change!
And lastly, dare I wish that we the mere citizens of this mighty nation - the world's largest democracy - for once get at least a semblance of governance and political leadership?
It is your turn 2010 A.D.!

2 comments: